As a Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Psychologist/Psychoanalyst with decades of experience, I bring to the corporate/business world an unusual and invaluable psychological perspective.
Sylvia S. Welsh, Ph.D.
Businesses, small and large, are complex, dynamic interpersonal systems. Every company, from those on the Fortune 500 to small, medium-sized and family-owned businesses, functions as system. When a successful company falters it is, without fail, a result of a breakdown in this “system”. Employees, managers, the CEO or President, each or all of them may be unknowingly contributing to a dysfunctional system wherein the individuals and, thus, the company fails to achieve its full potential.
Services provided and expertise include:
- Psychologically sound and expert advise to CEOs, Presidents and Entrepreneurs
- Succession and leadership transition planning
- Behavioral/personality assessment of CEO candidates for suitability for position and cultural fit
- In-depth assessment and evaluation of the entire management team.
- Strategies for maximizing human capital
- Detailed strategies for “fixing” the system
- Focused training sessions for management on conflict resolution and improving interpersonal skills
- Expertise with small and large family owned businesses
Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis of:
- Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Parent counseling
- Marital/couples therapy
- Family therapy